BioPower Systems is a renewable energy technology company based in Sydney Australia. We are developing systems for both wave and tidal power conversion. The company is currently working on ocean-based demonstration projects and follow-on market opportunities for its products and services.
The unique bioWAVE™ and bioSTREAM™ ocean energy devices are based on ‘biomimicry’, or nature-inspired design, and are designed to generate commercial quantities of clean renewable electricity with no green house gas emission and minimal impact on the environment.
Established in 2006, the company has successfully completed the following activities as part of its commercialization plan:
- Proof of concept and prototype tank testing;
- Engineering design and technology development;
- Planning and development of pilot projects;
- Construction and testing of power conversion equipment;
- Patent protection;
- Development of strategic technical and commercial alliances; and
- Exploration of international and local site development opportunities.
BioPower Systems is currently working towards demonstration of 250kW and 1MW bioWAVE™ projects. Ultimately, the aim of the company is to deliver utility-scale wave and tidal farms in the 50-100MW range.